Human Rights and Human Trafficking staff members
- (2006) “Victim Support Project: India, Mexico, South Africa, Uganda, Ukraine, Pakistan, Indonesia, Thailand”, September 2006 Status Report issued by United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime. Conducted in association with Impulse, served as contributing researcher.
- (2006) “Prevention of Trafficking and Protection of Victims of Violence – Reliable Approaches, A Guide”; study conducted by South Asia Regional Initiative/Equity Support Program (SARI/Equity), funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), implemented by the Academy for Educational Development, associated with partner organizations Management Systems International, Inc. (MSI) and South Asia Partnership (SAP). Consulted independently, served as a field researcher.
- (2005) “Trafficking in Women and Children in India”; Case study documentation researched by Institute of Social Sciences – New Delhi, Sponsored by National Human Rights Commission (NHRC), Supported by UNIFEM, Funded by USAID, published by Orient Longman. Conducted in association with Impulse for north east India portion, served as associate researcher. [NHRC Report on Trafficking] [AshaNet Report on Trafficking]
- (2004) “Child Labour in Shillong”; Supported by The Directorate of Social Welfare, Government of Meghalaya. Conducted in association with Impulse, served as the project manager and chief editor.
- (2002) “Research on Girl Child Labour in Shillong, Emergence of a new socio-economic problem”; Supported by Save the Children India. Conducted in association with Impulse, served as the research coordinator and editor.
HIV/AIDS and Substance Abuse
- (2006) “Drug Use in the Northeastern States of India”; study conducted by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime Regional Office for South Asia and the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India. Consulted independently, served as contributing researcher.
- (2003) “Report on Profile of Substance Abusers from Selected States of North-Eastern India: Meghalaya, Assam, Nagaland, Manipur, and Mizoram.” Supported by Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), published by State Partner – North East India HIV/AIDS Network (NEIHAN). Conducted in association with Impulse, served as the research coordinator.
Leadership and Entrepreneurship
- (2005) Gender Entrepreneurship Markets program, a gender initiative to study women entrepreneurs and their specific business and financial needs. Supported by International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group. Consulted independently, served as regional consultant.
- (2001) The Global Leadership and Organizational Behaviour Effectiveness (GLOBE) Project. Cross-cultural research program conducted by the Wharton School of Management to study different effects of leadership and organizational practices, and CEOs and top management teams worldwide. Consulted independently, served as co-investigator and research team director for the state of Meghalaya and Manipur.
- (2005) “Assessment of Attitudes and Impact of Gender Sensitization on Law Enforcement Agencies”; Supported by Centre for Social Research. Consulted independently, served as research consultant in social science for the state of Meghalaya.
- (2004) “Content Analysis of News Coverage of Issues of North East States in Mainline Dailies” Supported by MG School of Communications Management; Consulted independently, served as principal researcher for a review and analysis of media publications, followed by a workshop presentation.