Through numerous lectures and programmes, Hasina has used her skills and experience to provide training on a variety of topics. Her training programmes have reached a broad range of audiences, from youths and law enforcement officers to media personnel and NGO members. She has also trained people such as government officers, banking officials, and university staff members.
Initially, her training programmes targeted youth participants by providing career and youth counseling. However, as her projects and experience grew in breadth, her areas of expertise grew accordingly. She currently provides training programmes on a broad number of subjects, but she focuses mostly on human rights and leadership. Some of the topics on which she has provided training include:
- Human Rights and Human Trafficking: Child rights issues, women’s issues, women’s empowerment, gender issues, victims’ rights in the context of legal support, rehabilitation, crime prevention, human trafficking, child labor, domestic violence, sexual harassment.
- Health: HIV/AIDS, legal ethics, adolescent health, family life education, reproductive child health.
- NGO Management: Role of NGOs, how to run an NGO, lobbying, social entrepreneurship, project management – project formulation, monitoring and evaluation, capacity building, entrepreneurship development, marketing techniques.
- Leadership and Management Skills: Communication skills, personality development.
- Other: Youth development, peace education, conflict resolution, socio-economic development in Northeast India, case study for promoting indigenous handicrafts.