Hasina has been an active member through her involvement in various organizations, committees, and government boards. Her memberships and appointments include:
Meghalaya Board of School Education
- (2007 – Present) Member of the Working Group for the implementation of the adolescent education programme
Social Welfare Department, Government of Meghalaya
- (2001) Non-official member of the state-level committee for Women’s Empowerment Year
- (2002) Member of the coordination committee to review the situation and progress made in the implementation of the National Plan of Action in Combating Trafficking and Sexual Exploitation of Women and Children as per the Government of India
- (2002-Present) Member of the advisory committee to suggest measures for: eradicating trafficking of women and children; establishing programmes for the care, protection, treatment, and rehabilitation of victims; assessing the situation and progress of the National Plan of Action
- (2002) Member of the State Level Council for the implementation of National Policy for Empowerment of Women
- (2003) Member of the Expert Committee on Women and Trafficking of National Commission for Women, Government of India
- (2004- April 2008) Vice-Chairperson of Meghalaya State Commission for Women
- (2004 – Present) Member of the Juvenile Justice Board for East Khasi Hills District, Shillong
- (2007) Member of the State Advisory Committee on Adoption of Children
- (2007) Member of the Core Committee for the preparation of the third Country Report on Convention on the Rights of the Child
Meghalaya State Social Welfare Advisory Board, Shillong
- (2001) Member of the committee organizing programmes and activities to commemorate the year 2001 as Women’s Empowerment Year
- (2004) Member of the committee of experts to commemorate the year 2004 as Manavi Sanrakshan Abhiyan to guide the State Board for the effective implementation of the programme relating to social evil against female foeticide
Labour Department, Government of Meghalaya
- (2006-Present) Member of state-level committee inquiring into complaints regarding sexual harassment of women at shops, factories, and commercial establishments
Planning Department, Government of Meghalaya
- (2004 – Present) Member of the Meghalaya Economic Development Council (MEDC)
Tourism Department, Government of Meghalaya
- (2004 – Present) Member of the State Tourism Advisory Council
- WomenPowerConnect (WPC) - National level NGO working towards gender justice and women’s empowerment by lobbying the Parliament and the Government on women’s issues related to the Women’s Reservation Bill, Domestic Violence (PWDV) Act, Gender Budgeting, Sexual Harassment Bill, and Declining Child Sex Ratio.
- (2004 – Present) Executive Member of the Governing Body, Regional Representative of North East India
- ActionAid India - Part of Action Aid International, an international development agency whose aim since 1972 has been to fight poverty and injustice, the agency operates in over 40 countries to work with poor and excluded women, men, girls and boys to fight poverty and injustice.
- (2005 – 2008) Member of the Advisory Committee
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) – www.unodc.org - Established in 1997 through a merger between the United Nations Drug Control Programme and the Centre for International Crime Prevention, UNODC is a global leader in the fight against illicit drugs and international crime and operates in all regions of the world through an extensive network of field offices.
- (2007) Attendee to NGO Consultation Meeting for launching the United Nations Global Initiative to Fight Human Trafficking (UN.GIFT) in Vienna, Austria; www.ungift.org
- (2008) Attendee to the Vienna Forum to Fight Human Trafficking (programme of UN.GIFT) in Vienna, Austria
- United Nations Volunteers (UNV) – www.unv.org - Established in 1971 by the United Nations General Assembly, UNV is active in more than 140 countries and supports sustainable human development globally through the promotion of volunteerism, including the mobilization of volunteers.
- (2001 – Present) Roster candidate to be International UNV Specialist - Action Against Trafficking and Sexual Exploitation of Children (ATSEC) – www.atsec-india.org - Launched in 1998, ATSEC consists of a network of NGOs working for the prevention of human trafficking in five countries (Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka). ATSEC India has a national chapter and 26 state chapters. The organization’s mission is to ensure that all children and women will be protected from human trafficking and sexual exploitation.
- (2001 – Present) Convenor (Coordinator) of ATSEC-India, Meghalaya State Chapter
- (2001 – Present) Convenor (Coordinator) of ATSEC-India, North East Region; Impulse is the nodal agency for ATSEC Campaign Against Child Trafficking (CACT). Launched in 2001, CACT is part of the International Campaign against Child Trafficking (ICaCT), which was initiated by the Terre des Hommes Federation in Geneva and coordinated by Terre des Hommes Germany. The campaign, which has members spread throughout the states of India, adopts the following strategies to combat child trafficking: public awareness; training, sensitization, and capacity building; advocacy for policy and legal reform; fact-finding, rescue, and rehabilitation; legal action; and building and strengthening the campaign.
- (2001-Present) Representative for Meghalaya State Chapter North East India HIV/AIDS Network (NEIHAN) - Forum comprising of a network of 17 member organizations from Northeast India, working at a regional level to combat HIV/AIDS by collaborating with churches, community leaders, the police, and the general public.
- (2006) Member of Core Founding Team New Education Group – Foundation for Innovation and Research in Education (NEG-FIRE) – www.negfire.org - Launched in 2005, NEG-FIRE works as a developmental support NGO to promote quality education for marginalized children resulting in Social Transformation in India while upholding the values of transparency, accountability, pluralism, equity, justice, peace and respect for all.
- (2005 -Present )Member of General Body CIVICUS: World Alliance for Citizen Participation – www.civicus.org - Established in 1993, CIVICUS: World Alliance for Citizen Participation is an international alliance dedicated to strengthening citizen action and civil society throughout the world.
- (200? – 200?) Member of Advisory Body of Civil Society Index (CSI) Mapping (The CSI Programme uses an action-research methodology to assess the state of civil society in countries around the world, creating a knowledge base and impetus for initiatives to strengthen civil society.)
- Gyan Vani, Shillong – http://ignoushillong.nic.in/Gyan_vani.html - Established in 2005, Gyan Vani Shillong FM Radio Station was established with the objective of broadcasting educational and developmental programmes, under the overall control direction and administrative supervision of Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), New Delhi.
- (2007 – Present) Member of the Steering Committee Lions Clubs International – www.lionsclubs.org - Started in 1917, Lions are an international network of 1.3 million men and women in 202 countries and geographic areas who work together to answer the needs that challenge communities around the world.
- (2002 – 2006) Charter Member and President of Lions Club Centurian, Shillong Amnesty International – www.amnesty.org – Since its first campaign in 1961, Amnesty International is a worldwide movement of people with more than 2.2 million people in more than 150 countries and region who campaign for internationally recognized human rights for all.
- (19?? – Present) Life Member - Young Men’s Christian Association (YMCA) – www.ymca.net - Founded in 1844, YMCA puts Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
- (1994 – Present) Life Member, Shillong, Meghalaya, India
- (1994 – Present) Writers’ Forum, Ranchi - Member
- (1994 – Present) Directorate of Information and Public Relations, Government of Meghalaya - Freelance Journalist
- (1997 – Present) United Writers’ Association (UWA) of India, Madras - Fellow Member
- (1998 – 1999) All India Freelance Journalists Association – Chennai - Member (No. 2297)
- (2000 – Present) The Quest - Special Representative in the North East